NetBeans IDE is an integrated application development environment, a free and open source IDE.
It is intended for professional development of desktop applications, web-applications, corporate systems, programs for mobile devices. NetBeans is the only IDE that will suit both the novice developer and professional.
- It supports the following technologies: J2SE, J2EE, J2ME, JavaFX SDK, PHP Zend framework, UML, SOA, Ajax, Ruby on Rails, Groovy and Grails.
- NetBeans IDE is a platform for building desktop applications with a functional user interface, because it is a Java framework for the Java Swing library. This will save a lot of time for those who are not too lazy to learn the features of programming on the NetBeans platform.
- This IDE is a platform for creating plug-ins and expanding its functionality.
- Main functions are: refactoring, profiling, working with CVS and SVN, working with remote server via FTP, visual editing of user interfaces, syntax highlighting, autocompletion, showing help on the fly, possibility of using ready-made code templates, integration with servers - automatic deployment of applications, server management, etc.
- It has an advanced database capabilities, there is a built-in SQL query editor and client to databases: MySQL, SQLite, Derby, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
Download the NetBeans IDE: http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
Eclipse is a free open source software platform that is controlled by the Eclipse Foundation. It is written in the Java programming language and the main purpose of its creation is to increase the productivity of the software development process.
IDEs developed on the basis of the Eclipse platform are used to create software in various programming languages.
Features of the Eclipse platform:
- Eclipse is the platform for developing any integrated programming environments and virtually any client software.
- Cross-platform software - it works under the operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
- Using Eclipse, you can program in a variety of languages, such as Java, C and C++, PHP, Perl, Python, Cobol and others.
- It is a framework for developing other tools and it offers an extensive set of APIs for creating modules.
- The program is a tool for creating almost any client software by using the RCP (Rich Client Platform) approach.
- The work on the Eclipse project is carried out in several directions, the main three are: work on the Eclipse platform, the development of the Java IDE, the development of plug-ins to extend the functionality of IDE.
- Flexibility and expandability are achieved through the modularity of the system.
Download Eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages
Code::Blocks is a free and open source C and C++ IDE, it is very extensible, fully configurable and can operate on several platforms.
This software is developed for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X. It is designed with use of a plug-in approach, and can be extended by installing or creating plug-ins.
Features of CodeBlocks:
- Program has WYSIWYG editor for wxWidgets library in order to designing graphical user interface (GUI).
- It supports multiple compilers: MinGW/GCC C/C++, Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++ and others.
- It has customizable and extensible tabbed user interface with syntax highlighting, code folding, code completion, smart indent and class browser.
- It has fast custom build system and uses of workspaces to combine multiple projects.
- Code::Blocks has extended debugging functionality and supports GNU GDB and MS CDB.
- Also the program has full breakpoints support, call stack, disassembly, custom memory dump and display profiling information (GNU Profiler).
- There is compatibility with MSVC and Dev-C++ by importing projects and workspaces.
Download Code::Blocks for Windows, Linux or Mac OS X: http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads
Aptana Studio is a free IDE, a professional development environment for Web 2.0 applications.
Main features of Aptana Studio:
- With the program you can work with the latest HTML5 and CSS3 specifications. The developer is provided with detailed information about the support of each element in popular web browsers.
- The built-in debugger allows you to set breakpoints, view variable values, and monitor program execution process. Also there is an integrated Ruby and Rails debugger.
- The Application Deployment Wizard allows you to work with remote projects using FTP, SFTP, FTPS protocols.
- There is support for collaboration on projects.
- It supports the work from the command line.
- It has advanced options for customizing IDE and the ability to create custom scripts.
- There are plug-ins to extend the functionality of the IDE.
Download Aptana Studio 3 from the official website: http://www.aptana.com/products/studio3/download.html
Dev-C++ is an integrated development environment for C and C++, it is a full-featured C++ IDE.
Features of DevCpp:
- It has a handy editor with syntax highlighting, line numbering, auto-indents, etc.
- It provides an ability to auto-complete code for ease of use and performance.
- There are code snippets and templates for insertion.
- We can use bookmarks in the editor to quickly navigate through the code.
- You can export the source files or the whole project to HTML or RTF to publish the source code on your web site.
- It has a built-in project manager.
- It can import projects from MS Visual C++.
- The IDE provides an ability to configure the association of files by extension - .c, .cpp, .h, etc.
- In the class navigator, there are two options for browsing - viewing functions, classes and their members for the entire project, or for the current edited file.
- It has a flexible configuration of the working environment, editor and compiler. There is a large number of different options.
- The MinGW GCC compiler is used by default, but this software can work with any GCC compiler.
- The built-in GDB debugger provides the debugging capability of the projects.
- It is possible to work with CVS that is downloaded separately.
- There is a portable version of the program that does not require installation.
- The program has a multilingual user interface.
Download the latest version of Dev-C++, installer or portable version: